7 reasons you should visit Las Vegas this winter
Sick and tired of cold, rain or snow? Why not enjoy a Las Vegas vacation to escape winter and enjoy some fun in the sun! Here are the top 7 reasons you should visit Las Vegas this winter.
1. Enjoy parks like the Valley of Fire at a time of year when the temperature is more reasonable. In the summer, temperatures in the desert can easily reach 120 degrees, but in the winter you can enjoy temperatures in the 60’s and 70’s.
2. Go ice skating – without freezing! Each year the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas turns it’s pool deck into a stunning winter wonderland, allowing visitors to ice skate and enjoy some hot chocolate without having to experience actual winter temperatures. Caesar’s Palace also joins in the fun with a 4,400 square foot ice rink over the famous fountain.
3. Hike to the Gold Strike Hot Springs, stopping along the way to enjoy the hot pools and the cave of wonders. It’s a 6 ½ mile round trip that is more enjoyable when the weather is cooler.
4. Enjoy holiday-themed shows at many of the big hotels. The Bellagio, the Venetian, and the Palazzo host some great holiday shows that will delight any audience.
5. Go skiing or snowboarding. While you may not think that Las Vegas has any ski hills, the Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort has 30 trails to suit any experience level.
6. Play in the snow on the Linq Promenade. Go shopping at the many shops, eat at one of the restaurants and keep your eye out for snow – scheduled to fall every 30 minutes during the month of December.
7. New Year’s + Las Vegas. Do you really need more than that? All of the hotels and clubs host killer New Year’s parties, but be sure to get your tickets and reservations early!